Happy New Year to all, time to get my New Year’s resolutions in full effect.
First off, I’d like to say thanks for your continued readership, and get ready for a lot of new developments on the site.
My life post Euro tour has been fairly hectic and all over the place, and I’ve only been posting about once a week or so on the blog the last few weeks.
That’s gonna change.
My goal for 2011 is to consistently post five days a week up in this beyatch, I got a lot of new content, and am excited to flesh it out on here
So with that being said, lets just jump right into the resolutions…
1. Post on the blog five days a week.
- Let’s keep it rocking yo. Feel free to email me questions at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want something answered.
2. Start tweeting like Lady Gaga.
- I’m prolly going to get a tweet feed pumping through the blog, writing more random little bullshit.
I’ve wanted to do it with blog posts before, but figured it would be better to keep the quality of the posts high, while tweeting about the more mundane stories of hangovers and dirty sheets…
3. Eat healthy again.
- It’s good being out in LA right now with Tyler, because he has jump started my healthy eating habits again.
I kind of looked at the Euro tour as a vacation and therefore enjoyed all the coca cola and fried calamari I could get my hands on.
Full paleo again with a stringent supplement regimen.
I’ll keep you posted on any changes I’ve made to the master diet plan. I finished Tim Ferris’ Four Hour Body, and have some new theories I plan on implementing.
4. Start solo skydiving.
- My goal is to be able to start BASE jumping by the time I’m 30, so I’d like to get 100-150 solo jumps under my belt before that time comes.
I plan on starting the Accelerated Free Fall training within the next few months.
5. Put on 10 lbs. of lean mass.
- When my diet went to shit, so did my workout regimen. So time to get those rocking in synergy.
10 lbs. should be fairly easy, I’ve lost some mass from the time off, and should reach this target within 6 months or so.
6. Pay off all credit card debt.
- This one has been over 3 years in the making.
I’ve had random credit card debt since starting college 10 years ago.
Before I was an instructor, I did a lot of trips to Vegas, NYC, and LA ended up on the charge card.
It was so bad at one point I got up to almost $20,000 in credit card debt!
Like so many prior to the economic recession, I was living a year ahead. Always spending what I PLANNED to make, as opposed to saving first.
I’ve been reining in spending for the better part of 3 years now, and slowly paying down my remaining debt.
This is the year! The end is finally in sight.
7. Learn a foreign language.
- The way my schedule is working, more than likely I’m going on a trek to Berlin for a few months this summer.
Another Euro tour, and taking language immersion courses in German for at least a month, and then immersing my self further…
That’s all I got for right now.
Typical goal building advice says don’t put too much on your plate at once when you are trying to set new goals and turn your life around.
This list may seem a little out of control, yet almost all of these are already a work in progress, and I just need to keep disciplined and balanced and they should be easily attainable.
I’m publicly announcing it as well to hold myself accountable, and to have a record of it for later in the year to check on my progress.
What are your new years goals?
Feel free to write them below to hold yourself accountable as well!
Again Happy New Year!
I’m off to Denver to do some snowboarding, then hotseat and bootcamp with Tyler!
Mile high city represent